Terms and conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The customer shall confirm to have received all the necessary information before making a booking. The customer shall confirm to have read these General Conditions before making a booking.
2. All transactions between SEGWAY KFT and the customer shall be subject to these General Conditions. By making a booking, the customer acknowledges to have read the content of these conditions, and to understand and accept them. These conditions shall lawfully prevail over any of the customer’s purchase or other conditions, even if these stipulate that they are the only conditions that apply. Any nullification of one or more provisos from these general conditions shall not prejudice the applicability of the other clauses. Segway Kft shall retain the right to amend the provisions of these General Conditions.
3. Any of Segway Kft’s offers or price lists shall be indicative and entirely free of engagement at all times. A quote created for a specific customer has a validity of thirty (30) calendar days, unless otherwise indicated on the quote. A quote shall only apply to a specific assignment and shall not, therefore, automatically apply to any subsequent assignments.
4. A booking made by a customer shall not take effect until a booking fee has been paid to Segway Kft. (unless agreed otherwise). Upon receipt of the booking fee by Segway Kft, the customer shall receive a booking confirmation. The latter will not form a lease, but merely a report of the application of rental services by the customer and a receipt for the amount paid by the customer. The booking fee shall be reduced from the final settlement or any other amounts payable to Segway Kft when the final payment is made. The booking voucher does not, however, form an agreement between the customer and Segway Kft which requires the latter to provide rental services. A final lease shall not be drawn up until the customer has handed his booking voucher to Segway Kft. Any changes or additions to this lease shall be valid upon the written agreement of both parties only. When an agreement is drawn up, it will stipulate the customer’s rights and responsibilities, and the party signing this agreement shall be held severally liable for all obligations pursuant to the agreement.
5. Cancellation or amendment of the booking by the customer can only be done in writing (by e-mail or other text message).
Until 24 hours before the start of your booked tour, you can reschedule the tour without costs to another time slot – depending of course on availability. If the reservation can’t be rescheduled, we will refund your money taking into account the administration-, reservation- and personnel costs.
If you cancel ont he day of the tour and rescheduling is not possible, we can not refund your prepaid fees, however a gift vaucher of the same amount usable by anyone will be given.
We refund the due amount on the same bank account number with which you have made the online payment;
We operate in all weather conditions, and provide our clients with rainwear, gloves, hats, and jackets if needed, but please dress appropriately. (No high heels !)
If the weather conditions are very bad the tour might be canceled, in this case you will be given the option of an alternative date or a gift vaucher of the tours’ value as a refund.
Exclusion criteria: children under 5 years of age (possibility to be towed in a cart), influence of alcohol or drugs, weight exceeding 125 kg, handicap due to physical conditions, health conditions (.. such as imbalance, high - low blood pressure, visual disturbances, dizziness, epilepsy, etc.), which interfere with the control of the Segway.
Pregnant women are discouraged.
In the event of force majeure, Segway Kft may waive the obligations ‘vis-à-vis’ the customer. Force majeure shall be any circumstance outside of Segway Kft will, as a result of which Segway Kft is prevented, either wholly or in part, from observing its obligations ‘vis-à-vis’ the other party. Such circumstances shall include strikes, fires, exceptional weather conditions such as snow/rain/hail/wind and other operational disruptions, as well as the untimely delivery, or absence thereof, by suppliers or other third parties involved. In the event of force majeure that prevents the booked activity from taking place, Segway Kft shall immediately refund the paid booking fee.
6. The customer acknowledges to have received rented pieces of equipment in a good state of repair without any visible defects. The customer commits to returning the piece of equipment in the same state of repair, barring any normal wear and tear, by the date and at the place specified in the agreement, unless the customer has applied for an extension of the lease period and this extension has been granted.
7. The customer shall commit to using the pieces of equipment with the care of a prudent man, in accordance with their intended use and all the prevailing lawful obligations, government regulations and manufacturer instructions. The customer shall be liable for any fines, taxes or reimbursements as a result of infringements in the broadest sense of the word to the body establishing or issuing the same. In addition, Segway Kft shall charge the customer an administrative fee of EUR 30 per fine, tax or reimbursement incurred. The customer shall also commit to taking any useful measures to prevent the incorrect, unlawful or non-contractual use of the piece of equipment either by the customer himself or by third parties (by, inter alia, locking the piece of equipment away at night). It is prohibited to sub-let the pieces of equipment, or transport them abroad for that matter, without Segway Kft's written agreement. The customer shall report any defects or deficiencies to the pieces of equipment to Segway Kft without delay. If it transpires that the piece of equipment needs to be repaired while underway, then this should be entrusted to Segway Kft. If this proves impossible, then the customer shall entrust any repair activities to a third party, but not until it has received Moment’s written agreement. Any repair activity carried out without Segway Kft's express agreement shall be exclusively at the expense of the customer, except for any urgent interventions that protect the piece of equipment in the case of fire, for example.
8. Each driver of a vehicle must have undergone brief driving proficiency training. Segway Kft retains the right to refuse to hand over a piece of equipment to a driver who is incapable of carrying the responsibility of a piece of equipment entrusted to them, without owing to the customer any form of damages. The above also applies when a driver is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, medication or any other substances that prejudice normal levels of consciousness or reaction powers. By accepting the piece of equipment following driving proficiency training, the driver shall declare to be sufficiently capable of operating the piece of equipment and to have understood the issued instructions/initiation. Segway Kft retains the right to reclaim a piece of equipment at any time and without prior warning should the customer infringe on any provision of the agreement.
9. Any damage incurred to the pieces of equipment during the lease period, irrespective of the cause or circumstances, shall be at the customer’s expense. Segway Kft cannot under any circumstances be made liable for the damage, except when this is the result of intent or gross neglect on the part of Segway Kft. Segway Kft shall never be liable for indirect damage, including consequential loss, for example. The customer shall safeguard Segway Kft against third-party claims on the basis of damage incurred during the lease period by third parties as a result of the customer using the piece of equipment.
10. Segway Kft may include personal data issued by the customer in an automated database. This data will be used with a view to conducting information or promotional campaigns in connection with services and/or products provided by Segway Kft in the framework of the contractual relationship between the customer and Segway Kft. The customer may ask for their details to be communicated and improved at all times and free of charge. If the customer no longer wishes to receive commercial information from Segway Kft, the customer shall be required to inform Segway Kft thereof.
12. Any disputes arising from these general conditions or any other agreement concluded between Segway Kft and the customer shall be settled by the Hungarian courts only. Hungarian legislation shall apply.